Year 9 students (and their parents) are now thinking about what subjects they will study in Key Stage 4 (Upper School). These are important choices and there is a range of information available to help.
- Wednesday 17 January: Guided Choices Information Evening
- Thursday 25 January: Guided Choice request forms distributed with the Year 9 Tracking Summary Reports
- Thursday 8 February: Deadline for return of Guided Choice request forms
- Summer Term: Students and parents informed of curriculum arrangements for Year 10
Choices to be made
Students must choose one GCSE (EBacc) subject from:
Students then choose five subjects - three plus two reserves - from (GCSE unless stated otherwise):
- Art and Design
- Business (BTEC)
- Computer Science
- Construction (BTEC)
- Design and Technology
- Engineering (BTEC)
- Food and Nutrition
- ICT (CiDA)
- Materials Technology (Technical Award)
- Physical Education
- Textile Design
- Triple Science
- Additional curriculum support (non-examined)
In addition, students will all study the following core examination subjects:
- English Language and English Literature
- Combined Science
- Religious Studies
They will also take PE and Games, and PSHE/Citizenship/Careers as non-examination subjects.
More information is available below:
- ‘Upper School Curriculum Guide 2018-20’: includes full details of each of the courses being offered.
- Guided Choices Information Evening presentation: the presentation that was made to parents on Wednesday 17 January.
- Guided Choices Form: Guided Choice form for printing, completion and return to school by Thursday 8 February.
If you have queries please contact Mrs Dobson (Head of Upper School) or Mr Moore (Deputy Head) by phone on 01629 812671 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org